e m p l o y m e n t o p p o r t u n i t i e s a t g o o d - 2 - g o o r e g o n
- EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST III (Job Development) -
TEAM GOOD-2-GO OREGON
Are you a professional, communicative self-starter? Do you want to use those skills to help the disadvantaged? If so, I want to speak with you!
Good-2-Go Oregon is Central Oregon's premiere community-based support program for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Services are provided in the areas of Employment Supports, Life Skills Supports, and Community Inclusion.
Good-2-Go is hiring a Job Developer to find clients in integrated and competitive positions and assist them in maintaining their employment. A Job Developer first works with clients to determine their strengths and preferences to determine which kind of work they would thrive in. They then work with local employers to fit these clients into available positions and mitigate any challenges the client’s disability may cause.
The Job Developer is fully responsible for the placement of clients. This includes:
- Assessing clients’ strengths and barriers
- Creating resumes,
- Preparing individuals for interviews and support clients during interviews,
- Developing job opportunities for clients,
- Performing a job and task analysis of any job start,
- Conducting on the job training for new job starts,
- Assisting the employer and the client to resolve work related issues,
- Monitoring the wages helping client meet benefit reporting requirements, and
- Educating the employer and employees on effective methods of working with an individual with a disability
- Must possess excellent communication skills,
- “Sell” the strengths of our clients to employers,
- Show solid organization and multitasking capabilities,
- Are Proficient in Google Platform, and
- Demonstrate the ability for creative problem solving
- Be able to pass a criminal background check,
- Be able to obtain a First-Aid/CPR certification within 90-days of employment,
- Have reliable and insured personal vehicles to use during services ( travel/mileage reimbursement is provided), and
- Have a reliable smartphone which can be used in the field.
Position specific requirements:
- One Year documented experience working either with individuals with disabilities or one year of human service related experience such as: economical disadvantages, employment, abuse and neglect, substance abuse, aging, disabilities, prevention, health, cultural competencies, or housing.
- One year experience working in a specific employment field that includes supervisory and/or training duties, OR six months prior experience as a job coach, OR instructional assistant qualified by public school or an ESD.
- Experience and/or education in sales, marketing or job development
- Applicants must have completed OR be able to complete an Employment Services recognized training (this may include JDOT/ ACRE/ CESP etc). Priority will be given to those who already have credentials.
The Job Developer position is a Full Time position.
- Full Time requirements: minimum of 30 hours per week
Good-2-Go is proud to offer competitive pay and benefits including Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Paid holidays, and Paid Time Off.
Pay: Starting at $17.00 - $18.50 / hr + Bonuses based on job placements
For more information regarding the position please call Michael Burton at 541-610-2101.
COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION